Unexpectedly, I had a lot of fun with Big Hero 6. I saw it
only as a last-second decision, since, Interstellar only had one IMAX showing
at a nearby theater in Sunrise, FL. While it doesn't tilt the animation genre
toward new heights, the core fundamentals are intact. The animation is fluid,
personable characters, and a simple, but entertaining story are enough to
satisfy. Speaking of the story, it's a boy-meets-robot story. There's more to
it than that, as well, as some events spawn the creation of the Big Hero 6. The
team consist of Hiro Hamada (the main character and brother of Tadashi Hamada),
Baymax, Fred, GoGo, The most likable character out of the six is Baymax, a
healthcare assistant for those in need of help with injuries or medication.
Eventually, his usefulness to the team is maximized for take on threats.
Plot is mostly
predicable merely because you'll notice the turns coming from many directions.
It doesn't hurt the movie much, but it's obvious to the adult who is watching
this movie with children. Voice-acting is top-notch and it's a beautiful movie,
too. Also, totally surprising: It's not corny. It wasn't as tongue-in-cheek
like other animated films, though, that's fine. Not that I was asking for
something worthy of charm and gumdrops, it just surprised me in that respect.
Hopefully, if there are plans to expand on this property, I look forward to a
sequel, if that happens.
Good: Visually colorful, great voice-acting
Bad: Predictable story
4 out of 5

No comments:
Post a Comment