Monday, December 8, 2014

The Theory of Everything (Quickies)

     Editor's Note: This was watched on November 29



     After reviewing Interstellar, I wasn't expecting another film that discusses the elements of time and space. The Theory of Everything comes just in time during my Thanksgiving malaise. Drama was once my favorite genre up until recently, because there's more out there besides the usual tearjerkers or academy award winning acting. Theory is probably one of the best dramas I've seen in years. It's a film filled with many noteworthy performances, well-executed scenes and the man who was multi-dimensional enough to do Stephen Hawkings: Eddie Redmayne. If he went to the school of Daniel Day-Lewis, he certainly learned from one the best. To put it simply, he becomes Hawkings in all facets. Felicity Jones plays Jane Hawkings, and very good, too. It's well-directed and has a great script. I was thoroughly surprised I enjoyed this one as much as I did. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if even Jones, herself, would get a lead actress nomination alongside Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike.

Good: Just about everything

Bad: I saw it after I watched Interstellar twice (IMAX & IMAX 70MM)

5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment